Saturday, April 07, 2012

Don't judge. It's an entertaining show.

The other night I was watching Desperate Housewives and the husband was sitting next to me on his computer. The show revolved around the funeral of one of the characters who had been murdered. They were making some pithy comments about what heaven was, you know, the kind of drivel that only TV drama can conjure up. The husband started tuning in and began to groan about its ridiculousness. He turned to have me join him in his groaning...only to find me silently weeping beside him.

I think it sounded something like, "Are you kidding me? Is this really how people are trying to comfort themselves into the face of death (he turns to me)...um...oh wait. You are crying. A lot. Um.....sorry?"

I then proceeded to weep openly which led to straight up sobbing. I had to run and hide in the bathroom until the emotional mess of it all was over.

The very next day I was on the treadmill at the gym jamming to my Lauryn Hill mix. Her song "Zion," which minus the religious stuff is about her son, came on and I began to cry. The crying kept coming so I started running faster in hopes that it would distract me from the apparently heart wrenching song and keep others from noticing or at least think I'm simply sweating through my eyes. This only led to me crying harder and practically hyperventilating because I am not actually a runner...which turned me into quite the sight at the local OakPark YMCA.

And today I had to stop reading my book because every other paragraph made me weepy.

22 weeks left. It is going to be a long 22 weeks.

No comments: