Tuesday, November 05, 2013

I'm a...

There are great articles circling the facebooksphere-actually great articles and greatly ridiculous articles. A decent one has been banging around in my head lately. It was written by a mom telling every other mom in the world to chill out, stop trying to be everything, and celebrate who you are and who others are.

I applaud you outspoken blogger woman who is comfortable in your own skin. Now can you come visit me and let me know what I'm good at? I liked to garden, but then we moved and I had a lot of stairs to get to the backyard, so I stopped liking gardening. Cooking is fun, except this month, and last month...so now I'm questioning the definition of "fun." Health food is a great concept so on occasion I will turn our house into an organic vegetarian paradise, until I get tired and serve ice cream for dinner. I was a working mom so I dressed in fancy work clothes and pretended to be a grown up, but those days are over for now. And the list goes on and on...

The truth is, I don't care. Am I a gardener, am I a health nut, am I a cook, do I rock birthday parties and wow with my fashion sense and personal fitness? I don't know (except about the fashion, I know I don't have great fashion sense) and it takes too much time or energy to think about it. My life and "gifts" seem to change on the daily. A couple of days ago I was crazy clean house mom and yesterday I stared at my laundry while I had a long and embarrassing dance party with the kids.

Thank God what I do does not make me who I am. Thank God that who I am is safe and secure in God's view of me. Otherwise I would spend life trying to achieve things for the sole purpose of proving that I matter. That sounds insanely exhausting, and one thing I do know for certain is I don't have the energy for that.

No comments: